Sunday 17 February 2013

Don't worry be happy...


DANCE- We got the beat

For way too long I’ve not been out dancing, but that mistake was corrected last Friday. Despite of the fact that I was dead tired after another challenging week at work on Friday I forced myself to move after an hour nap and two cups of strong coffee. Even managed to make myself look somehow decent and not like a living dead ;) Already a second time I was heading out with Jen after living in Oulu together for quite some time…
Music was pretty good and atmosphere was nice because of many familiar faces. We danced a lot and I consumed few classes of liquid, which made me even more relaxed and happy. In the end even a surprising encounter. What a perfect evening :)
I love dancing when music is good and it makes me feel so happy!!! Thank you we got the beat club! SO MORE DANCING IN MY LIFE TO KEEP ME GOING…friends convince me to go out more often and let me know when there is good dance music in Oulu! 

THEATRE – Laugh therapy 

This weekend I went to Helsinki to meet people related to my Peru volunteering. Meeting was on Sunday, so I thought to civilize myself in a form of theatre on Saturday evening with my mother. She got us tickets to see Ulla Tapaninen – Lava ammuntaa. We laughed so much for two hours, it was GOOD. Means I should also go to the theatre more often. So my more outgoing and cultural friends tell me if there is something good to see in Oulu!!!

BLOND - by accident

I have lived in Oulu almost for two years, which means that amount of sunlight in my life has been VERY LIMITED, especially due to last summer (we saw more rain than sun) therefore my sunburned blond hair has slowly turn into depressing grey, which makes my pale skin (also lack of sunlight) look even more pale. No wonder that my students keep telling me that teacher you look ugly today - ope miksi sinä ruma tänään? (they are very honest) if I’m lazy and don’t put mascara on. Last week one of them told me to go and put my eyes on :D
-          Ope miksi sinä ruma silmä tänään? Teacher why you ugly eye today?
-          Mun ripsiväri jäi töihin. I forgot my mascara at work.
-          Ope tämä ei sinun silmä. Mene laita oma silmä päähän. Teacher this not your eye. Go and put your eye in your head.
After the break…
-          Hyvä ope, nyt sinä oma silmä. Tämä kaunis! Good teacher, now you have your eyes. This pretty!

Most of the times I don’t care about my hair, but now especially having the dance performance coming along in two weeks, I thought I would lighten up my grey hair putting some highlights. For saving money I thought mom could do it. She did but the result became bit TOO blond, because we’re watching television while doing it and forgot the track of time! As a result instead of trying to make my hair look brighter it looks like I’m a teenager who desperately wants to have blond stripes in her dark hair. Whatever, it’s just hair and maybe I can make some people laugh :D !

  So I try again find more positive things in life :)....

No comments:

Post a Comment