Wednesday 27 February 2013

Being with Ernest


Last Friday afternoon I cycled home extremely tired because the day at work once again ended two of my students having a fight. I hate when it happens before the weekend, especially when they refuse to become reconciled. I was wondering if I had enough energy to be with Ernest, (my 3, 5 year old nephew from my extended family) having a fake memory in my head him screaming for half hour straight last time I was babysitting him. Most Fridays, I look after Ernest and Lilly when they parents go to their hobby. I quite enjoy it, because then I know for sure that I will spend some time with them every week. Even if I’m not the most energetic person on Fridays they are fun to be with. Usually Ernest is easy going and the most wonderful child on earth with me. But this time would be different also because Lilly wouldn't be there.

My doubt was unnecessary. When I entered our corridor trying to find my keys Ernest opened his door excitedly (he had been waiting for me and seen me coming) having the most beautiful smile on his face holding his teddy bear and shawl and told me that he wants to go out. I smiled back. He simply melted my heart. I manage to convince him to stay inside for little while, so that I have time to eat something and sit down. Patiently he waited for me, but kept repeating that he wants to go out. Finally I said to him let’s go out and he ran home across the corridor to take his clothes. When we got outside I was amazed, that it was almost 5pm and there was still daylight, sun was just setting. I understood why Ernest so eagerly wanted to go out!!! For couple of months it’s been dark when we get home, so you don’t really want to go and play outside. But now only -7°C and still light outside, what a perfect weather to play! Slowly, light is coming back to our life! 

We played outside in the snow and Ernest was showing me icicles and the amazing snow castle/cave, which they had been building. I was amazed and took some pictures being little bit jealous that I hadn't been part of building it.




  














We had so much fun despite of tha fact that there was so much snow!

Despite of the snow I will slide!
Climbing? Maybe not!

Table? Shall we have dinner?

No dinner, but I want to jump on it!
After playing there almost for an hour it was getting dark and we’re pretty exhausted. We went inside and made hot chocolate. Since it was dark already we lighted up some candles and enjoyed tasteful quiet moment with hot chocolate. 

Ernest was getting tired. He was very cuddlely, normally he isn’t that much, but now he wanted to be in my lap while I was trying to make some food. Tears started runing when I realized that, we only have about three months left together before we have to say goodbye. Leaving the dear ones behind is never easy, especially with little ones. However, I know and hope this won’t be the last time we live so close to each other. Also times like this, which we spend together will stay in my mind always! 
I love you Ernest!

After Ernest went home our dinner was ready to eat.  
Pasta with  Spinach blue cheese sauce and red wine!
Delicious!!!

  
As higligt for that evening was a relaxing sauna. 
After the Sauna all I could do was SLEEP!
There is no better way ending the hard week at work than last Friday!

Truth about Sauna!  (contains nakedness ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment