Saturday 11 February 2012

Smile

When I saw you first time
you were lying in the bed,
and you gave me a shy smile.
When I was feeding you
you were playing with me
having a teasing smile on your face.
When I was talking to you
you didn't understand me,
but you gave me a beautiful smile.
When I went away
a sad smile on your face
you were calling me, "Antie"!
For a moment I gave you my love
and you gave me your beautiful smile.
( In India, 2002)






Over the years I've met many children all over the world and I've seen so many smiles and that is the best thing in the world, to see children smiling! I could make a smile exhibition out of my photos :)  The poem was written in India. It was the first time I travelled to a developing country and for few days I was volunteering at Mother Teresa's center for disabled children in Mumbai. Some of the children had never been hugged or hold before. I hope I was able to make them feel special and loved at least for a moment. I still carry her smile in my heart as well as many others I've met over the years.

Smiling is powerful, when you see someone smiling it makes you smile as well. Sometimes I just smile to people passing by and almost everyone smiles back at me! Try for one day just smile to everyone and see how happy it makes people around you, as well as yourself.


Keep on smiling everyone!  
                                 Nat King Cole - Smile 


No comments:

Post a Comment